1. souse, n.5: 3. A drunkard. slang (chiefly U.S.). (OED)
  2. white souse, n.1: A blog for literature, politics, science, and the occasional cocktail.

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Raiders of the Lost Ark: The Remake

When I was eight, me and a friend of mine, Mike, were so obsessed with Wierd Science that we made our own version of the audio track with a cassette recorder (Gimme de keys! Gimme de keys!). Which is why I was mesmerized by this Vanity Fair article about two kids from LA who spent ten years -- their entire teens -- reshooting Raiders of the Lost Ark scene by scene and shot by shot. The guys who made it lost it for ten years before it resurfaced (*cough* at the Alamo Draft House in Austin). Read the article -- it's simply incredible. I'm of half a mind to jump on a plane to Nashville so I can catch a screening. But don't take my word for it -- see for yourself.

No comments: